Sat, 23 Sept|
A Weekend with Kasumi Hourai - Full Weekend Workshop
Explore the Fusion Between Traditional Japanese Culture and Rope Bondage with Japan's Leading Female Kinbakushi
Time & Location
23 Sept, 11:00 – 24 Sept, 18:00
Shibari Lounge, Sergeyselsstraat 42, 2140 Antwerpen, Belgium
About The Event
Kasumi-san is the leading female Japanese Kinbakushi. At 18 she became an SM club domina, before taking instruction from Akechi Denki when she was just 20 years old. She has been a professional in the business for 24 years, taking further training in tying and modelling with Akira Naka. She has taught in Japan, Europe and America.
Kasumi-san’s wabi-sabi style is heavily influenced by a profoundly traditional upbringing.
She brings a refined, haunting aesthetic, combining elements of kyokuero (eroticism) and ku (suffering). The deep impact of Kasumi-san’s teachings also appeals to male tops who can learn much about the subtleties of the feminine touch in rope bondage and erotic pleasure.
Day 1 – Saturday September 23
11:00 – 18:00
2 small breaks + 30 minutes lunch break
Level: Strong Beginner to Intermediate, you are confident with a single column tie, frictions and know how to do a basic TK
Kasumi and Oto will start with a demonstration, so you will get a visual image of distinctive Japanese gestures and movement (in Japanese: shosa) in tying and modelling. After this demo Kasumi-san will explain the philosophy behind it. There is room for Q&A.
You will learn:
1. the specific variety of takate kote (TK) chest harness Kasumi uses. She will cover the techniques and explain her take on the TK. She will also address potential risks in using the TK and how to avoid injury.
2. different ways of attaching an upline to go safely into suspension.
3. “Fusha”, folded legs suspension. “Fusha” means ‘windmill’, which is the name Kasumi-san gave this tie because it makes her think of a Dutch windmill.
4. some of the similarities between rope bondage and kimono tying.
5. to tie with a minimum number of ropes, with a constant focus on your partner and how to use breathing to get in sync with each other.
Day 2 – Sunday September 24
11:00 – 18:00
1 hour lunch break
Level: Intermediate to advanced, you are confident with TK and uplines. You know how to safely perform a basic suspension and preferably have experience with transitions in the air.
1. Kasumi-san will cover 3 types of suspension based on the TK you learned in day 1. The main theme in these suspensions will be three-dimensional kinbaku based on “shoka”, a skill in ‘ikebana’ flower arrangements in which the arrangement looks three-dimensional in a limited space.
2. In the suspensions she will address the unique Japanese sense of beauty in “the right asymmetry” and guide you in practicing it in your ties.
3. Kasumi-san and Oto-san will put a strong emphasis on how to make a model’s body more beautiful and attractive in bondage. They will explain how small touches can make a big difference to the way the model looks and how they affect the model’s emotions.
4. Kasumi-san will introduce you to her style of tokonawa or semenawa for both floor work and suspension.
For both days you need:
- an under-kimono (juban), thin bathrobe or thin wrap dress
- 12 to 15 ropes of 7-8 meters long and some short ropes of 2-3 meters
- a blanket or a mat if you prefer to work on that
Required skills level:
Intermediate to advanced. Kasumi-san advises to take both days as one course since on Sunday she will build on the techniques she addressed on Saturday.
2 Days course: €500 per couple
2 Days course + Shibari Night Special with perf: €535 per couple