Sun, 24 Sept|
A Weekend with Kasumi Hourai - Sunday Workshop 24/9
Explore the Fusion Between Traditional Japanese Culture and Rope Bondage with Japan's Leading Female Kinbakushi - Day 2
Time & Location
24 Sept 2023, 11:00 – 18:00
Shibari Lounge, Sergeyselsstraat 42, 2140 Antwerpen, Belgium
About The Event
Kasumi-san is the leading female Japanese Kinbakushi. At 18 she became an SM club domina, before taking instruction from Akechi Denki when she was just 20 years old. She has been a professional in the business for 24 years, taking further training in tying and modelling with Akira Naka. She has taught in Japan, Europe and America.
Kasumi-san’s wabi-sabi style is heavily influenced by a profoundly traditional upbringing.
She brings a refined, haunting aesthetic, combining elements of kyokuero (eroticism) and ku (suffering). The deep impact of Kasumi-san’s teachings also appeals to male tops who can learn much about the subtleties of the feminine touch in rope bondage and erotic pleasure.
Day 2 – Sunday September 24
11:00 – 18:00
2 small breaks + 30 minutes lunch break
Level: Intermediate to advanced, you are confident with TK and uplines. You know how to safely perform a basic suspension and preferably have experience with transitions in the air.
1. Kasumi-san will cover 3 types of suspension based on the TK you learned in day 1. The main theme in these suspensions will be three-dimensional kinbaku based on “shoka”, a skill in ‘ikebana’ flower arrangements in which the arrangement looks three-dimensional in a limited space.
2. In the suspensions she will address the unique Japanese sense of beauty in “the right asymmetry” and guide you in practicing it in your ties.
3. Kasumi-san and Oto-san will put a strong emphasis on how to make a model’s body more beautiful and attractive in bondage. They will explain how small touches can make a big difference to the way the model looks and how they affect the model’s emotions.
4. Kasumi-san will introduce you to her style of tokonawa or semenawa for both floor work and suspension.
You will need:
- an under-kimono (juban), thin bathrobe or thin wrap dress
- 12 to 15 ropes of 7-8 meters long and some short ropes of 2-3 meters
- a blanket or a mat if you prefer to work on that
Required skills level:
Strong beginner to intermediate, see above. Kasumi-san advises to take both days as one course since on Sunday she will build on the techniques she addressed on Saturday.
Sunday workshop: €250 per couple
Sunday workshop + Shibari Night Special on Saturday night with perf: €295 per couple
Fill out the registration form with your RSVP. We will contact you with more information on how to complete your booking via e-mail.